Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Cookies - Gluten & Milk Free

I have been sick now for most of the last 2 months with horrible ear infections.  They go away, then come back and well - back again today (as well as a torn ear drum) so I decided I have been good enough the last month with not making sweets that I was due a splurge :)   I found a recipe on Food.com and pretty much followed it except of course substituting my flours.  The link to the Food.com recipe is here.

Also, note that I did use canned pumpkin. I normally NEVER use this, but always do it from scratch.  But it is -20 outside and even if it were not a Sunday (shops are all closed on Sundays here) I would not have felt like going to the shop for a pumpkin anyway. I found a can that has been sitting in the pantry now for years (still good use by date though ;-) so I just used that. Will use up the rest of it on the weekend to make some Gluten Free Waffles and muffins and freeze them so will have munchies now and then.



Pumpkin Chocolate Cookes

  • ½ cup Muscovado Sugar
  • ½ cup Canned Pumpkin 
  • ¼ cup Mazola Oil
  •  1 Egg 
  • ½ teaspoon Vanilla
  • 40 grams Millet Flour
  • 40 grams Amaranth Flour
  • 25 grams Quinoa Flour
  • 25 grams Tapioca Flour
  • 25 grams Rice Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder 
  • ½ teaspoon Baking Soda 
  • ½ teaspoon Cinnamon 
  • ¼ teaspoon Salt
  • ½ cup Chopped up Chocolate bar (I used a 125g bar of 81%)
  • Directions:

    1. Mix sugar, pumpkin, oil and egg.
    2. Add vanilla.
    3. Mix dry ingredients and then add to pumpkin mixture.
    4. Add chocolate and mix.
    5. Spoon onto pans, cook at 180°C for 12-14 minutes. Makes 15 cookies.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment