Monday, November 22, 2010

Test POE Cupcakes :)


Update for Tuesday 23rd November (3 days until POE)

What a difference when you have more than 5 min to come up with something and send it out the door :)  
I did another batch of cupcakes tonight.  I adjusted the spices and the rum amount in the frosting. 

Here is the nutritional value per my GF cupcake with buttercream frosting
291 Calories
10.5 g Fat
48.9 g Carbs
2.2 g Protein
12.9 g Fiber

As opposed to a normal chocolate cupcake with buttercream frosting from a famous bakery in NYC
424 Calories
29.5 g Fat
43.4 g Carbs
5 g Protein
3.2 g Fiber

So, while there are a VERY few less carbs and a bit more protein - the GF cupcakes are indeed much healthier than normal cupcakes due to considerably less calories and half the fat plus loads more fiber!!  And they taste just as great (and sometimes even better ;-)

For those not in Germany, Feuerzangenbowle is a mulled wine that has rum poured over a rum soaked sugar cone that is on fire.  It is an awesome sight and the best Glühwein (mulled wine) there is.  A particular market (Kripperlmarkt am Rindermark) have the best in Munich and the expat crowd meets every Friday from around 5pm until they close for a huge meetup (20-40 people).  It is great fun and everyone loves it and we count down to it for several months beforehand!


Am very pleased with them.  Trying to figure out now what to do for decoration.  This is suppose to be fire coming - what do you think?

So, I did a test batch today of the Pots of Evil Cupcakes (aka cupcakes to go with Glühwein (mulled wine) at the Christmas Markets here in Munich).  I had to make the frosting (with I used Rum in, instead of milk) and frost them (they were still warm :( ) all in about 5 min total as had to send them  out the door with my Guy to orchestra practice so he could give them to a few special people!

I really wanted opinions on the flavor as I added some spices (christmassy ones ;-) to the chocolate cupcakes and then the rum to the frosting. I want to make sure they are the right balance.  So, am hoping that I get some honest feedback on them so that they are perfect for this Friday's first Christmas Market visit with friends.

Now for the super duper quick decorating job - not my finest :(  But just sprinkles some choco flakes and cinnamon on top and sent them out the door :) plus the pic colors did not turn out at all (the frosting is actually a red color ;-)

I will be making a large batch for this Friday, which I will put my usual time and talent into, so please forgive the primitive pic above ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment