Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gluten, Milk and Egg Free Rose Vanilla Cupcakes


I was just in the mood to bake some cupcakes (ok, and eat some) and I had bought some Rose Water a few months back, but had not tried it yet.  So, I made some Rose Cupcakes.  I have to bake some this weekend that are also Egg Free (but chocolate, which I have worked out great already) but I still wanted to try it - just to experiement.


I did not use a recipe or even alter one - I just got out my bowl, my flours and other baking stuff and made a bowl from scratch.  So, there is no recipe this time - sorry.   

But they did turn out nice.  Although I would use twice the Rose Water next time as with the GF flours (all much stronger flavors than wheat flour) and the Flax seed flour - the aroma and taste of Rose is hidden.

For the Egg replacement, I used 1 Tablespoon of Flax Seed Flour and 2 Tablespoons of Water. I mixed it well and let it set for 10 min or so  - worked like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment