Saturday, February 26, 2011

Almond Chocolate Cake with Toasted Marshmallow Frosting - Gluten, Milk and Soy Free


So, tonight at around 11pm, Guy and I felt like something chocolate (we are watching the movie Chocolate!)  Also - today I spent the most lovely day with a friend of mine and her 2 little ones.  She baked 2 different cakes for her oldest's birthday party on Sunday.  So, since I was in the mood for cake and we were both in the mood for chocolate, I thought I would throw together a quick cake!  I searched my flours and realized I was out of Millet (my most used flour).  I also realized I have way too much almond flour, so what did I do – I grabbed my Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook from Elanas Pantry 

I LOVED the photo on the front page.  While I have tried to make the frosting that Elana has in her book, I was not successful, so I made the Martha Stewart one I have used before with great success and then toasted it.

After baking the cake and letting it cool (well almost, we were impatient) I frosted it and set my torch to it! 
Here is our result – a chocolate gluten free, milk free, soy free cake in less than an hour.  We are certainly enjoying our midnight snack of chocolate cake with toasted marshmallow topping along with a nice red wine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment