Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cafe Mocho Amaretto Gluten and Vegan Cupcakes


These were made for the book club (one of the members is gluten, milk and egg intolerant).  I have made cupcakes without the eggs several times before, but they always sank in the middle (I used my standard chocolate cupcake recipe and substituted flaxseed/water mixture for the egg).  This time I had such a great success with the recipe that I altered from Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World, that I used it again for this batch. You can find the recipe in the post with the Super Bowl cupcakes

To make them look like a cappuccino, I used the same frosting as in the Super Bowl cupcakes, only not adding coloring of course, as well as a bit more Amaretto and then topping with cocoa powder and a chocolate covered espresso bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment