Friday, April 22, 2011

Gluten Free Easter Egg Cupcakes



I was not sure what to do for Easter cupcakes, so I decided to do a few different ones.  Knowing that we can not eat them all, I have boxed almost all of them up to give to friends over the weekend.  I really wanted to do some with the Cadbury cream eggs.  I was lucky enough to find a shop here in Munich that sold them.  They cost a pretty penny of course, so I only put them into 6 of the cupcakes.  I am not sure who will get them, as I mixed them all up.  But a few lucky people will be biting into some awesome goodness this weekend :) 

Gluten Free Easter Egg Cupcakes
Makes 20 cupcakes

Dry Ingredients:
20 grams Quinoa Flour
40 grams Millet or Sorghum Flour
40 grams Amaranth Flour
20 grams Rice Flour
15 grams Tapioca Flour
2 teaspoons GF Baking Powder
75 grams Dutch Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
150 grams Muscovado Sugar

Wet Ingredients:

40 grams Milk Free Margarine softened
2 eggs
1.5 teaspoons GF Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Goat’s Buttermilk
1/2 cup Goat’s Milk

Sift all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.

Mix all the wet ingredients in a stand mixer (or in a bowl with a hand mixer) until well blended.

Slowly add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer while on low (2) speed.  Once all ingredients are combined, mix on speed 3-4 for a minute or two until well mixed.  Do not over mix!

Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.  Unwrap and place a Cadbury Cream Egg into the cupcake batter.  Bake at 180°C (350°F) 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool

Let cupcakes cool completely!!

For the grass, I used tip #233.  For a video on how to pipe grass, here is a good youtube video from Wilton.

I used the same tip with some brown frosting to make the nest and put Cadbury chocolate mini eggs into them.  For the Baskets, I used a licorice stick for the handle and peeps and jelly beans for the decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment