OK, so I had to cheat a bit on these. They call for 1 Tbsp of sour cream. They do not make Lactose Free sour cream here, so I used normal. Since I knew they would not be completely LF, I went ahead and used normal butter and milk. But they are Gluten Free :) Also, I am out of piping bags (a friend is bringing me some this weekend) so I used the old fashioned technique - a knife ;) So they are not as pretty as usual.
I am not a big lemon fan, so can't really tell you how they taste. We will have to wait for Karen and her colleagues to tell us that. They turned out a nice yellow (could not get that in the pic) and I have loads of frosting left over :(
What I did - Again, I used Amaranth flour (trying to use it up as well as corn starch and another flour (not sure to be honest, as is unmarked in one of my glass jars - but it is def GF). I also added the baking powder this time - made a HUGE difference. I also added the Xanthum Gum, which I think I will leave out of my GF cupcake recipes for good. It just makes the batter more glue like. It does not change the taste and think it is great for bread baking (it is a binder to replace the gluten) - but in cupcakes and muffins - it just makes the batter a weird consistency.
10 of these will go to a friend of mine for her work, 4 will stay here for me and Guy to eat. I hope they get good reviews!!!