Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mostly Cupcakes, but also so much more...

So, while the main focus of this blog will be about my cupcake mission (turning every cupcake from this awesome cupcake book I have into a lovely edible Gluten/Lactose Free cupcake) I also make loads of other "experiments" too.  Here are just a few.  If you would like the recipe (or approx, again, I am horrible at writing down what I actually do, just let me know.

Homemade Cherry Pie.  Made from fresh cherries.  This was the absolute best pie crust  I have ever ever made (or eaten for that matter, including ones with wheat flour).  I also put sliced almonds in this and on the top. It really made it taste that much better.  With a little warm milk and brown sugar sprinkled on top - it was marvelous!! 


Focaccia made with tomatoes and rosemary.  This was my first attempt at anything like this and it turned out great.  Would use different flours next time though (think I used Teff in this one).  We sliced it while warm and ate with freshly grilled chicken breast and grilled red peppers.  The rest was saved for breakfast, but we ended up eating it all in one day.


"Normal" Cupcakes" made with wheat flour. I made these for a friends birthday.  They were so nice looking :-)  With the spinkles and each had a little animal face on them.  I also learnt that day that sprinkles were also known as Jimmies on the East Coast and Hundreds and Thousands in the UK.



Mixed Paella.  I got this recipe from MaWithFlavor. It was so awesome!!!  I found some GF Chorizo.  This is definitely something we will make again!





Carnitis with homemade Salsa.  This was a whole day task.  I made 3 different types of salsa and the carnitas took hours to cook. We also made homemade corn tortillas.  These are something you can not find in Germany, so must make them ourselves.  Which ensures they are GF.
Chipotle Steaks with Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes.  This was yum yum
Bhuna Ghost (Lamb Bhuna) with Onion Bhaji. My absolute favorite Indian meal.  I make some sort of curry several times a month.  It is also my favorite to eat out, as is one of the few types of restaurants where wheat flour is not used in the cooking (only the Nan bread).  We only use whole seeds and spices - roast them and grind them for our curries.  Makes all the difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment