Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Gluten and Milk Free Baked Chicken with Pesto, Asparagus & Potatoes

 

This is one of the BEST meals we have EVER eaten!!!  I can not believe the flavor that the pesto/asparagus combo brought out. And the potatoes - I could have eaten 10 servings!!!

I found some nice looking green asparagus at the local supermarket yesterday and I had some chicken in the fridge and so searched to find a recipe that looked nice and was not pasta.  I found the perfect one using google.  I also found these really cool baked potatoes recipe on Pintrest (my favorite new site).  The result was absolutely delicious!!!

The recipe for the chicken/asparagus/pesto is found on Start to Simmer's blog.  The only alteration is that I used only pecorino cheese (as have intolerance to cow's milk).

I made my own pesto using standard recipe from Food network, only using only 1/2 cup oil in total.

The potatoes came from Fish Food's blog.

And as you can see in the pic above, the result was absolutely delicious!  I do not think I have enjoyed a meal so much in a very very long time!

Here is a closer look at the pesto

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked the chicken/asparagus/pesto! Its one of my favorites- the pesto sauce gives it such great flavor- and its easy to throw together!

    ReplyDelete