Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day - Gluten Free Chocolate Hydrangea Cupcakes


 
Happy Mother's Day!

So, I saw these early last week when I was browsing Pinterest and fell in love with them as Hydrangea are one of my favorite flowers (Fuchsia being the other).  I had wanted to actually make some cupcakes and send to my mom back in the states.  However, this would mean sending them express and I was shocked at the price - so, I  made them anyway (will take them to friends tomorrow on a day trip) but they are still meant to be cupcakes for my mom :)

I used my standard chocolate cupcake recipe, but did not have any goat's milk or any kind for that matter, so I just used water - and they turned out the same :)

My frosting was a bit too stiff, but I had already bagged it and decided to just go with it, rather than thinning it out a bit.

Here is the original link on Glorious Treats Blog.  And unfortunately, I don't have any actual Hydrangea plants to set them by for a picture like she did on her blog- so a boring pic from the kitchen counter will have to do.

I will definitely make these again!

1 comment:

  1. They are amazing to look at. I'm sure they taste as great as they look.

    ReplyDelete